Are Super fights Needed?

Discussion in 'UFC' started by Jesse Thomas, Dec 7, 2012.

?

Are Super Fights Necessary?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2012.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jesse Thomas

Jesse Thomas New Member

I don't know about you guys or how you all feel about P4P rankings and all but I'm not a fan. Can Jose Aldo beat Junior dos Santos..probably not, can Jon Jones beat Dominick Cruz most likely so how do you actually place a P4P...? Anyway my rant isn't too much about that but more of these so called super fights.

If Jon Jones did fight Anderson Silva and beat him (and he would) What happens to Silva's legacy or vice versa with Silva defeating Jones, what is to come of the LHW champions future and how do you write his legacy. Same goes for many other fights out there considered a "Super Fight"

Just wanted to see what you guys think of all this Super Fight talk.

2. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

There are some fighters who can move up and down weights fairly easily. For others, it's not really suitable.

I would love to see some of these super fights set up. I think it could really go down as a classic if the 'lighter' guy won but if the lighter guy loses most people may suggest it's the difference in size.

One thing people forget is that moving up or down weights is pretty common in boxing.