GSP To Fight Nick Diaz

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Not saying this isn't going to be a good fight, however to make Hendricks wait for a title shot is ridiculous, especially as Diaz is coming off a year band and a loss.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mma/2012/11/30/gsp-trainer-nick-diaz-no-1-contender/1736847/

I can't blame Hendricks if he does sit it out to wait for a title shot. Surely Diaz should have fought someone else before getting a title shot?

Kev
  2. Jesse Thomas

Jesse Thomas New Member

Hendricks is receiving an old fashioned Dana White screw job. White tweeted to JH earlier and told him that he is "deserving and will get a shot" but how long will he have to wait now, plus this means he'll have to fight again as well. Diaz/GSP is a Zuffa money making scheme thats all.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

It's stupid. It really is. Hendricks is the fight people want to see. Why is a fighter who is coming off a loss getting a title shot?
  4. GetSmacked

GetSmacked New Member

not only a loss but a drug suspension as well, Diaz is a loser and I will not be paying for this PPV even though it looks to be one of the best cards in recent years because the main event is a joke!
  5. MattCMMA

MattCMMA New Member

Everyone needs to remember... The champ asked for the fight. This isn't something that the UFC themselves pushed for. I'm sure they would have thrown hendricks at him next and let diaz rematch condit. When your #1 PPV star asks for a fight, you have to give it to him.
  6. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

you guys are nuts! while i agree hendrix deserves a shot there is a lot of bad blood between gsp and nick.. it was inevitable. also diaz was banned for weed metabolite. joke
  7. Davobmx

Davobmx New Member

This is just another ufc money making scheme. They have taken the importance of the World Championship away by not giving the number one contenders a chance or even placing #2 against #3.
    Chael getting to fight jones?
    Nick VS GSP?
    Nate vs Henderson?
    Where's Gray Maynard?
    Why wasn't the bisping v wiedman set earlier when viable.
    How did Chael talk his way in.
    I'm a fan but its not about what we want is about who deserves it.
  8. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Chael was the ONLY one to ask to fight Jones that was common knowledge I thought. Nate deserved a title shot. Match making is a lot more difficult than 'he is 2 and he is 3'. Nick v GSP is a good fight that the champ asked for and really I dont see the fuss about it worse fights could and have happened
  9. Davobmx

Davobmx New Member

Yeh the Chael jones fight would have been good at ufc 151, and I love Chael but I just don't think he deserves or has any chance against jones.
    Diaz is also good but wasn't title worthy wether it was Henderson or Edgar, Maynard is way more deserving.
    I also love nick diaz, people may disagree but he was outdone on the feet by condit and that's all he brings against Gsp is his stand up.
    Diaz is up there but I don't thing a grudge should decide who gets the fight over #1 contender.