Jon Jones To Face Vitor Belfort At UFC 152

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

After the craziness of yesterday with UFC 151 being cancelled, you would have thought that things would have settled down. Unfortunately not. Apparently Machida won't be fighting at UFC 152 after all as he chose not to fight Jones. Not sure of the circumstances.

Jones will instead fight Vitor Belfort. I'm sure it would have been a good fight though I'm keen on seeing Jones fight Sonnen now too.

Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/24/3264658/ufc-152-jon-jones-vs-vitor-belfort-machida-mma-news
  2. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

Why would he turn down a title shot? What a crazy few days!
  3. Kevin

Not sure of the reasoning. Perhaps he isn't fit. Haven't seen any official statement about it.
  4. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

He didn't think a month was long enough #coward
  5. Anton

The last few days just kept getting weirder. Have you seen the odds for this one? According to the bookmakers it's possibly the most one sided championship fight ever.
  6. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I reckon I'll throw a 5er on Belfort because the odds are nice. Jones should dominate in this fight though.. the little pussy knows it too
  7. Anton

I'm totally with you, Belfort at the very least has a punchers chance. Have some free money on Paddy Power so that will be going on him.
    Kev, getting some predictions on the go mate? Do it for fun if there aren't enough participants to justify prizes yet :)
  8. Kevin

Yeah we could do mate. I won't have time to do it myself though. I'll probably be trekking Maccu Piccu that weekend. If not, I'll be travelling down towards Bolivia.
  9. Anton

Didn't realise you were back on the move mate. I text you the other night inviting you to comer over for 152, but your option sounds more exotic.
  10. Kevin

Yeah mate, we leave on Thursday. Not sure when we'll be back.
  11. Anton

No worries mate, enjoy!