Parkour

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hero Of Time, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I'm an avid Traceur, is anyone else interested in it?
  2. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

Very naive too it mate. But it does make me think of one of my favourite TV shows.

tajnz and Kevin like this.
  3. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Haha yeah, that clip is really good because people new to it are really like that. Love that show too
  4. Anton

I couldn't find a better one with the full scene!

Some of the real clips do look quality though. What got you into that?
  5. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I have just always been a bit of a "monkey" if you will.. spent some time looking at parkour videos one night and that was that. A week later I met up with guy that do it in my area and that is how it started.

I have been in some videos for small segments but this is one particular gap I am quite proud of.. first one to "double kong" it and only one so far!

(dunno how to embed yet)

edit: apparently I do
  6. Anton

Holy fuck mate i'd still be lying in accident and emergency just now
  7. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

It looks like you're diving right into the second wall before you use your hands to vault over it.

I love the Banlieue 13 films. The first parkour scene in the first film is top notch. David Belle is the real deal plus the film has Cyril Raffaelli - who is one of my favourite martial artists.

8. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I love B13.. David Belle is one of my idols!
  9. Anton

Thats a great watch.

You a football fan Hero?
  10. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Eh not really, my mates are mad into it so I watch a bit but I'm not a fanatic about it. Support Liverpool if anyone. I support Irish sports more so
  11. Anton

Ah no worries. Just got sent a cracking link earlier. England arriving at their team Hotel for the Euro's. Hundreds of Irish boys waiting on them :D

Hero Of Time likes this.
  12. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Baha, wonder if any of my mates were in that crowd!
  13. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

How did that come about? I just checked Wikipedia and the England team is based on Krakow and the Irish team are based in Sopot.
  14. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Not sure to be honest, I asked on the video so maybe a proper fan can let me/ us know!
  15. tajnz

tajnz New Member

Parkour is fascinating. The professionals make it look so smooth and effortless, which of course it isn't. Although I think I could take on Steve Carell. ;):cool:

I was on holiday recently with a family friend who is well over 6"2 with long legs and the organizer of Parkour events for New Zealand spotted him running and jumping at the pool and managed to coerce him into going along to an Open Day. After challenging him to a jumping challenge which my friend proceeded to beat him in. :D My friend has since gone back to Germany but perhaps he kept up with it.

My mother is also obsessed with dance movies and made me watch "Beat the world". The best part of it was the Parkour, especially the sequence at the start and the behind the scenes footage of a bunch of professional English guys training. The actual movie was rubbish though.o_O

By the way thanks for sharing the clip. That feat was incredible. Well done!:cool: