Rashad Evans 'definitely' believes Georges St-Pierre beats Anderson Silva in potential super fight

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Most people have been saying that Silva has too much of a weight advantage over GSP. Rashad used to train with GSP so I'm sure he knows him well.

What do you think?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/...ely-believes-georges-st-pierre-beats-anderson

2. Jesse Thomas

Jesse Thomas New Member

Rashad can say what he wants, everyones entitled to their own opinions but reality is that Silva will be too big and strong and fast for GSP at any weight besides 170 which I don't even think Silva could get to and still remain in good health.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

I do think people are right when they say that silva is looking for a retirement fight. He's in his late 30s now and has been at the top of the game for a long time. I suspect he wants to bow out on top.
  4. Jesse Thomas

Jesse Thomas New Member

Of course Silva wants to go out on top, we all do. Thing is is that he has a chance that many champions don't ; to actually leave with Gold wrapped around his waist. He won't fight Jones and if made to do so I think he'll retire, he may wind up fighting GSP after St. Pierre's fight with Diaz but thats a long shot as well. A. Silva has cleaned out middleweight division but maybe waiting for Weidman or N. Diaz to go up to 185 (my dream fight)
    Kevin likes this.
  5. nugs_bethename

nugs_bethename New Member

i really doubt Rashad/GSP would except a fight that he has no chance of winning, he smarter then that!!
  6. Mika

Mika New Member

GSP is too scared with the possibility of losing Silva would beat him on the feat and hurt him GSP wants none of that
  7. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

GSP is scared? Where do these guys come from?

Georges St. Pierre could fight Johny Hendricks next, but Anderson Silva is also a possibility, according to trainer Firas Zahabi.

“That’s something that after he comes back from vacation we’re going to have to sit down and talk about, Georges and me and his management,” Zahabi told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show on Tuesday. “It’s not a one-sided decision. The UFC is going to have to obviously tell us what they want to do. I think Georges would do either fight, to be honest with you.”

Both bouts intrigue Zahabi, though he does think a welterweight title defense against Hendricks would have to precede a bout against Silva if it’s going to happen.

“If he fights Hendricks, I think [St. Pierre] could fight for longer,” Zahabi said. “He could have more fights after that. If he fights Anderson Silva, I could really see that being his last fight. He’ll retire after that because there won’t be a bigger fight for him to do, I think, anymore in his career. … Win or lose, I think he’ll probably end on that note, on Anderson Silva. Maybe that’s why it’s been pushed back a little bit, but I think when it does happen, it’ll be the last one because once he goes up a weight class, he’s never coming back down.”

(Sherdog.com)

This makes a lot of sense. As for the Spider looking for a retirement fight vs GSP? He signed another like a 10 fight deal there around Christmas so retirement isn't an option for right now.