Soccer kicks

Discussion in 'The Video Room' started by Anton, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

From one fc at the weekend. Check the finish :eek:

2. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Ahhh the video has been removed. Damn. :(
  3. Anton

Just the finish this time Kev. Watch it quick lol

4. Kevin

hahahha Sorry. It's been removed again.

I had a quick search on youtube but I couldn't find it.
  5. Anton

Fuckin youtube :D

Basically he gets booted in the face while on all 4's on the deck. As mostly a UFC fan who occasionally watched Strikeforce, it was quite a shocker for me.

A quick search on Youtube soon enlightened methe fact it is more common than I thought:

6. Kevin

Yeah in pride soccer kicks, stomps to the head and kneeing a downed opponent were all allowed. It was great. These rules being taken away in the UFC no doubt plays a part in wrestlers doing so well, particularly the downed opponent rule, which so many wrestlers take advantage of.
  7. darren thompson

darren thompson New Member

If you play MMA game some of the leages in Japan and brizil you can stomp on there head soccer kick and a few more things but in the big leagues like strikfores and UFC you can do it I know its only a game but the rules must of came from somewhere
  8. Anton

I see there was more controversy with Soccer kicks, this time in the Arlovski Silvia fight at One FC at the weekend. From mma fighting.

"In the recent Arlovski-Sylvia fight, Arlovski floored Sylvia with a pair of right hands and immediately kicked him in the face twice before referee Yuji Shimada had given him the go-ahead to do so. Shimada quickly ruled that he hadn't signaled the "open attack" period and deemed the kicks illegal."

So they have now changed the rules to allow soccer kicks at any point.
  9. UFCchris halkett

UFCchris halkett New Member

iv watched some older stuff on youtube were head butts are allowed brutal stuff like