The Greatest MMA Comebacks

Discussion in 'MMA Discussions' started by Kevin, May 15, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

There's been lots of great comebacks in MMA over the last year or so such as silva against sonnen, Russow against Duffee and Kongo against Barry.

My favourite is Boetsch vs. Okami. Boetsch was struggling against Okami badly in the first two rounds. He then just went for it in the third round and ended up knocking Okami out with a minute to go. It's always easy to root for the underdog but I think most people expected him to get beat...which is what was happening until the third round.

2. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

In terms of a spectaculaf finish I'll give you that one. However Anderson Silva against Sonnen must get consideration. The guy was fighting injured and took a pounding for 4 and a half rounds, and found that little bit extra to tap him out.

I can't wait till you lainch properly to get involved in the great Chael debates. I fear I'll be in the minority, he's a cock, camp :D
  3. Kevin

Are you sure that happened Anton.... cos I'm sure Chael has the belt now :)

chael-sonnen.JPG
    Elbow_Sandwiches likes this.
  4. Anton

He wants to be in the WWE
  5. Kevin

I won't argue you with there. I must admit I'd have to tune in to WWE if he went there. Be funny to see him rip other wrestlers to shreds. The guy is sharp as a tac!
  6. Anton

I've came round to him slightly already mate. Can't see him getting the actual belt though. Nice to see a lot of early like and more join ups already :)
  7. Chael Sonnen. Undisputed. Undefeated. Period.
  8. Anton

He'll lose again in July, then deny that happened too.
  9. Kevin

I want to hate Chael Sonnen...but he's just too funny to do so. I do think Silva will win though.
  10. Anton

When he loses again he can take up stand up then :D
  11. MA6IC666

MA6IC666 New Member

Chael Sonnen......The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be.....Period.
    Elbow_Sandwiches likes this.
  12. Joe

Joe New Member

I would have to say my favorite is Anderson Silva's loss to Ryo Chonan. Chonan was getting DOMINATED throughout every round.. Until, out of no where he throws a flying scissor heel hook and submits him. I find this one without a doubt the best comeback in history, because he was not only dominated, but won with a lock that you would only have imagined to work in movies. No matter who you support, if you have seen that fight, you have to give the guy props, it was amazing.
  13. Anton

Joe I've heard about that fight, but not watched it. Anywhere it can be found to stream online? If you know that is mate.
  14. Joe

Joe New Member

The Submission

Whole Fight; Part one

Whole Fight; Part two

This is it man, it is a really amazing comeback. It should be the best contender for num 1 in my book, mainly because of the authenticity of the lock itself, I haven't been following MMA for too long, but I have never heard or seen a replication of the technique at such a crucial time in the fight.
  15. And heres Anderson crying like a bitch after the fight. full of win.

16. Anton

Cheers for that, much appreciated
  17. Anton

I take it back, I had watched that before, fantastic finish. Cheers for the links though