What's The Best Knockout Punch You've Ever Seen In MMA?

Discussion in 'MMA Discussions' started by Kevin, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Nothing beats a good knockout. Knockout kicks have got a lot of attention over the last year or so due to the Anderson and Machida Karate Kid style front kicks and the Anthony Pettis kick off the cage, though there have been some amazing knockout punches over the last few years.

Hendersons KO against Bisping was one of the best, and he followed it up with a superman style flying punch on the deck.

[​IMG]

I love Fedors knockout of Brett Rogers as well as it came from nowhere. Fedor threw himself into the punch so much that he nearly tripped over him.

Can anyone top these?

Kev
  2. SifuPhil

SifuPhil New Member

I won't say it's the "best", but this certainly ranks up there as "most unusual" -

3. Kevin

Hey Phil. Yeah that's one of my favourite clips. That's like a million to one shot. They couldn't even have staged that if they tried.
  4. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

Anyone find a good clip of BJ Penn knocking out Caol Uno?

Not the hardest punch you'll ever see, but one of the best and funniest. As soon as Uno misses the flykick, BANG!!!! It's brilliant :D
  5. Kevin

6. Anton

Thats the one :cool:
  7. Kevin

I just came across this gif of Brad Kohler against Steve Judson at UFC 22. Tremendous!

[​IMG]
  8. Anton

Thats a cracker. Judson just stands there with his hands down and jaw out begging to be punched :eek:
  9. Kevin

Not so much of a one punch knockout though Bas Ruttens liver shots to Jason Delucia back in their fight in the mid 90s was lethal. In Pancrase you couldn't use closed fists to the head, so it looks very strange to modern MMA (which is why he punches with open hands to the face).

One thing to bear in mind in this fight is that neither fighter has gloves on. So those hard punches to the liver are barefist. I can only imagine how painful they were but the way he drops after some of them suggest he was in a world of pain.

SifuPhil likes this.
  10. Kevin

Don't know how I forgot about Hendricks knocking out Jon Fitch. Sweet!

11. Joe

Joe New Member

My favourite is JDS uppercut knockout of Fabricio Werdum, beautifully executed and timed.
  12. Kevin

That was awesome. He's such a great striker. Look at the way he was sizing Werdum up before he attacked. You could tell he could see an opening.
    Joe likes this.
  13. Anton

Cracking shout Joe
  14. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

15. Anton

Holy fuck thats gruesome mate