WOMEN AND MMA

Discussion in 'MMA Discussions' started by Deborah, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Deborah

Deborah New Member

http//you tube.com CRAZY WOMEN MMA KNOCKOUTS

Is there room for women in MMA? I would loooove to know what you guys think:rolleyes:!!
  2. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Definitely. At the moment there just aren't enough women training in MMA. Once there are I'm sure we will see more events. At the moment Strikeforce is the only main organisation promoting them heavily. I'm sure the UFC would include them in the future if the pool of athletes was increased (and standard remained high).
    Deborah likes this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Nicely put Kev;) Thanx and love n respects as ever XXxxXXxxXX
  4. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Rhonda Rousey is great to watch, such technical precision! She is a really cool person too, check her out on JRE if you haven't already
    Deborah likes this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

All ready have my new friend!! Thanx for your reply it is greatly appreciated!! XXxxXXxxXX:D
  6. SifuPhil

SifuPhil New Member

Right from Dana White's mouth, "It's not about having women's fights. It's about having enough good women in a division." His stance is that there isn't the depth necessary to sustain it.

... I notice that they added a 125-lb. class for men, though ... :confused:
    Deborah likes this.
  7. Joe

Joe New Member

Womens MMA is awesome to watch. They have earnt their place amongst the best, and they will hold up to it. Women MMA is slowly getting more popular, it should be there now, but unfortunately lacks the depth in the divisions.

They added the Flyweight division (125lb) a while ago. I think the first tourny for the title was around march-april. When that was screwed up they had to redo a fight.

Back on topic though, Yes they do have there place in MMA. They have proven they are just as good as men at nearly everything, and MMA is no different.
    Deborah likes this.
  8. SifuPhil

SifuPhil New Member

I'm not so sure that I enjoy 125-pounders flitting at each other - there just doesn't seem to be any possibility of a real war. Just my opinion, of course ...

But I brought up that division because it was facing some of the same problems of women's MMA - it was said there wasn't enough structure or competitors that would deserve to be champions of their division.
  9. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Phil have you watched some of the flyweight fights? Those guys go at it harder than most guys in heavier weight classes..
    Deborah likes this.
  10. SifuPhil

SifuPhil New Member

Yes, I have - and beside a Runez or Dodson, what do you have? Two Chihuahuas on speed jumping at each other. There's practically no knock-out power. Maybe it's just me but that class just doesn't DO anything for me.
  11. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

You're not into technical fights?
  12. SifuPhil

SifuPhil New Member

Technical fights - and fighters - are alright on occasion, but sometimes you just want to see a slug-fest. :D
    Deborah likes this.
  13. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Thanx sooo much for your reply Joe, I must apologise for taking so long to reply, I have just been snowed under at the moment:eek:!! I appreciate your input and for agreeing with me...look forward to chatting about MMA my new friend xxXXxx
  14. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Nothing beats a good old slug-fest, plenty of blood and bruises:mad:!! Much love and laughter and respects Sifu Phil xXx
  15. Deborah

Deborah New Member

I have to agree with Hero Of Time in this one Phil.....He does have a point;)!! Love and respects Hero Of Time :DXXxxXX
  16. Zurcks

Zurcks New Member

Not enough women in the sport.... Lets enjoy the ones that are in it..

Attached Files: